Thursday, January 30, 2014

Let it snow!!!

We recently just got a big snow! The day before my birthday, I joked with my Kindergarten kids on doing a snow dance so we don't have to go to school on my birthday . Well, apparently, they did!!  The  next morning we had a 20% chance of snow. My husband and I went to the gym  early  to run before work. While I was in the treadmill my friend from work texted me and said no school on your birthday! What?!? Is she playing a trick on me?  But, she was right! No school! The superintendent was working out there too and so I ran up to him and said " thanks , it is my birthday!" I wasn't complaining , but I didn't understand why we were out! But two hrs later I did!! He snowed all day long! We probably got 5 inches! It was beautiful! I got lots of texts from my kiddos saying that they got me flowers for my birthday and were sad they couldn't brig them to school. They were sad that  we weren't going to get to eat the cupcakes(they begged me to get them for them to eat on my birthday, haha). I love my kindergarten  kids.. The Lord may have in his plans that  they are the kids he has given me ...I definitely love them like my own.
  The day I got back from inpatient one of the student in my room came and told me that another  girl called her fat and ugly! I just got back from a place where everyone thinks they are fat and I come back to a 5 yr old who thinks the same thing!!  The little girl is definitely overweight, but O' how beautiful she is-inside and out!! I was upset! I told her that even though the  girl  was wrong about her, that we  have to remember that it doesn't matter  what others say or think about us...only what God says. He says that we are beautiful and he made us just the way he wanted. The other kids at her table heard me whispering to her and told her how pretty she was and smart. I know kids will say things that hurt each other, but it really struck a nerve in me because I had just gotten back from trying to overcome my view of myself. Also,  I was 5 when my body image issues  started.  I remember being at my friends house and thinking I was soo fat!! We were in the same classroom, the same activities and always around rah other . Her family was crazy healthy(too healthy in my opinion...she was deprived ). Mine wasn't. My family grew up with a. 2 acre garden and  southern down home cooking each night!  Yum, yum! Anyways, she was super skinny and  we always had spaghettios for lunch at her house. We were getting the can out and she asked if I'd like to split a can. I told her no, that I can eat the whole can. She ended up heating up half a can for her, a whole can for me and she only half half of hers(1/4 a can). I thought wow....I am a pig! I didn't help that I had two brothers who had to wear boys slims cause they were so thin. I was the non picky eater in the family. Sadly, my best friend ended up with a eating disorder in h.s. I think the trigger to her ed was due to her parents high expectations of her. I didn't know it at the time, but  all but about two of us had an ed. I had NO clue until college.  It is sad how well people can hide it. I just though my friends were skinny.  I know I "hid" mine from everyone I could. ...but I probably wasn't fooling as many as I thought.  I know God wasn't folded!
 The thing I liked about the big snow we got was how for me it is a picture of how God washes our sins white as snow.  His blood paid the price and we are wiped clean!  The most beautiful thing to me is that he didn't even have to!!!  I thank The Lord for snow  days for many reasons. The greatest I reason is it is a time when we see a beautiful picture of how  awesome  God  is. He created each one of  kinda like a snowflake. No two snowflakes are alike...note are we. However, we are beautiful and created just the way he wanted  us.

No comments:

Post a Comment