My whole family is sick with the flu. It is as bad as everyone says. I can’t sleep, so I figured I’d write. Last night we listened to our old church online since we couldn’t attend our church. Like always it was a sermon that made me ponder and think. “You don’t get to decide when and how you will die, but you can decide how you will live for today.” We make sooo many decisions everyday. -What to wear, what to eat, what to watch on tv(although we have no cable, lol), what to read in the Bible, and many more. We also decide how we are going to act and how we feel. These last few days have been so hard. I tried to keep my husband confined in a room(only going in to check on him, bring food/drink) in hopes the flu wouldn’t spread(and yes, we get flu shots). Our littlest one cried so much for him(she is all daddy’s girl), I had no help, and honestly I was tired of being “supermom”, but I realized I have two choices. One, I can either just quit and the family crumble or pray for God to give me strength to Dr everyone while I felt horrible as well. Sometimes we have to decide to do what’s hard. My parents taught me all to well to “toughen up” and go on. It’s not somthing I really want my girls to have to do, but I do want them to know God will give them strength through the rough times. All throughout our Christian walk, we chose whether to do what’s right in Gods eyes or mans. We decide whether to spend time in his word or not. We decide whether we are going to love our spouse even if he hurt your feelings. We decide on whether we are going to be the hands and feet of Jesus or to let others do all the work.
I’m saying all this because our lives comes down to two choices. God or man? One can’t have both. Trust me I’ve tried. It lead to nothing but heartache and regrets. We can’t choose our parsers and how they raised us(and I’m not saying mine did a bad job...I LOVE Amy parents) we can’t choose when we will die, but we DO choose where we will go when we do die! I know I will Jesus one day! I know my parents, my twin, my grandparents and friends that have passed on will be there. But I don’t know if I will even get one crown to give back to Jesus. I sure don’t deserve it. But I know I have decided to walk with him, honor him, and glorify him until then. I will that one running as fast as my legs will go! I will hug my Mamaws neck and say how I missed her. I will then hug my husbands mom and say oh how grateful I am for her. She made an impact on me without ever meeting her.
Choices...what will you decide? Today I chose to follow Christ and to eat what I want and thank him for it. I chose to run and praise him for my legs that work. Today I chose to thank him that we “only” have the flu and for our health. Today I chose to lay down my selfishness, pride, and thank for dying on the cross for it and my sin. Today WILL be a good day! Why? Because Jesus gave life and he gave it abundantly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment