It is soooo cold here so the girls and I are staying cooped up inside which means lots of crafts and baking going on. I had a thought as I was making a snowflake craft with my girls. I was explaining how every snowflake is different and unique. That led to explaining how God created all of us so different but special. This is somthing that I want my girls to understand completely. I never have truly grasped that until the last couple yrs. Who am I was always somthing I was asking myself. I lost my twin so I have always felt like half of me was missing. I never felt complete when I was little. Growing up, I feel like my identity was D’s little girl as I look EXACTLY alike my dad. I remember thinking but I want to look like my beautiful mom! Lol In High school I was identified as J’s little sister. He was the best athlete in the school in every sport and well...I really didn’t care so much about being #1. I was completely ok with third place! Haha Its just a game! I remember one teacher when I was in calculus telling my parents that I’m just not getting it and that my brother looked out the window and got it! Well, excuse me, I’m not him!! I HATE math! I like band class, art class, and English class(the complete total opposite of him). Which that’s why I love K and he is an engineer. Haha Who am I?...A cheerleader, trumpet player, a Girl Scout, a runner, J’s sister, D’s daughter, was who I identified with until college. Then in college, I became lost! I was in a sea of people and had NO clue who I was or who any of them were. So, I had to make my own identity. I became a “real” runner. The best runner. That was me. In high school all my coaches and parents would get aggravated at me because “I didn’t run to my potential.” I felt like I was so when people told me I wasn’t I felt like I let them down. I’m all for doing things 100%, and I will want my girls to do their best. However, that’s not who they are!
If you're a follower of Jesus Christ, you're no longer a part of this world soaked in sin.
Galatians 2:20 says, "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. This life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." You're a new creation in Him; the old has passed and the new has come (
2 Corinthians 5:17)!Why do we, who have been called out by our Heavenly Father, try so hard to fit in and get approval from a world we are no longer a part of? We will
never get their complete approval because here's the hard truth: If you've decided to follow Jesus with all your heart, you're never going to completely "fit in." NEVER FIT IN...grasp that!
I can say I am FINALLY ok with not being what everyone else wants me to. I’m ok with letting others down, saying no, and not being perfect. It’s just TOO much to juggle. I have enjoyed learning who I am since I said “I do.” I am even thankful we moved towns, churches, and quit my job because as hard as that was, it was best for me. Nobody knew me here..so NO expectations.
All I really care about now is who I am in CHRIST. That’s is enough. That is plenty!
No comments:
Post a Comment