Monday, February 12, 2018

Everyone has a story

Everyone has a “story.”  Some of their stories is how they were raised in a picture perfect family(my husband) but lost their mom way too early(him as well). Some are stories are how they because successful, famous, a millionaire, or called to be a missionary. However, some are pain, sorrow, and more pain but how God gave them strength. My story is my own. Your story is your own. Oh so different butpart of Gods perfect plan. Would I change my story? Honestly I would..but that may mean I didn’t cling to Gods word when I felt I literally couldn’t eat or when my legs felt like they might fall off but had to run anyways. When I look back at my story I see Gods hand all over my life! I see protection, grace, and love. I was in some pretty bad situations growing up, but I wouldn’t change it. It made me realize my dependence on God. I remember as a 6 yr old crying so hard out my window and just praying to God to help my family.
My “story” is one who saw abuse, was abused, molested, who became an addict..a Real addict. That’s hard to write but it’s the truth. But my story doesn’t define me. If anything it shows what an awesomeGod we serve.
This past Sunday I listened to a friend in the church nursery tell me her story...I was floored! The pain  she has went through the last 2 yrs is almost unbearable. Today I talked to my friend who talked to me about how she lost her baby. A couple at church have a daughter with half a heart and the days are mostly numbered. I look on FB and I see a family who lost their son to a horrible accident. I think back to my little brothers testimony(which should be a post on its own) of how he was the best athlete in VA on his way to breaking my olders brothers records and on to VT to run...but God had other plans. Why God?
Stories...I LOVE to read. But I honestly only  like true stories. Why read fake stuff? Lol Anyways, the greatest story ever written was the Bible. It’s one Big story. A story that has pain that we can’t even fathom going though (like Job) to strength(Samson), to faith(Abraham), to heartbreak(Sarah and Hannah for a baby)....well ANYTHING that we as humans on this earth will go through. Why did God want us to know those stories? Because all of the stories will go back to one person-JESUS!
I pray with all my heart that my story will one day help someone..if not many. I want to shout to the rooftops on what God  has done in my life.
All my hope is in Jesus! Thank God my yesterday is gone. All my sims are forgiven. I’ve been washed by the blood...and one day my story will be finished and the best ending I could hope for!
Do you know Jesus? Oh what a friend we have in Him. He is the best author I’ve ever met!

No comments:

Post a Comment