Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Mine! All mine!

It’s that time of yr for Duck Duck Goose. It’s a huge consignment sale that you can buy anything from baby stuff, to, maternity, and up to the teen yrs. For the last two yrs I’ve sold quite a bit of stuff there. It’s a ton of work though, but worth it! This Spring I have over $1,500 worth of items to sell. It’s crazy! How did we accumulate this much stuff?!? Oh wait...we live in America and we “have” to have that much stuff. As I go through the items  my little girls play with the toys or look at the clothes and make more messes for me to clean up. However, hardly ever does my 3 yr old say mommy don’t sell that. She knows I’m selling everything I price, but she NEVER complains. Maybe it’s because she knows with that money I will use it to buy her more things or maybe she doesn’t really care...but my point is most 3 yr old  would be begging to keep EVERYTHING! That made me think, what could I live without? Hmm. I have to say I would have a VERY hard time living without my Bible, peanut butter, bread, ice cream, a vehicle or else I’d go stir crazy, my phone, or my voice as I talk non stop at home to my girls and my husband, haha. I can’t imagine giving up running, music, or a hot shower either. I have to say that when I was in Zimbabwe  I was without every single one of those things and by the end of week I was ready to go home. It showed me how “glued” I am to so many things. When I got back after that month, the first thing I did was take a super long shower, went for a run, check fb, ate ice cream that night and watched tv. How fast we go back to our old ways!!
These last 5 yrs of my life I feel like I’ve had to give up a lot. It may have been for a better reason, but it doesn’t make it any easier. I gave up my dream job to stay home with my girls. I gave up my dream house beside my friends and 1/2 mile from the school I worked at for a fixer upper house so I could stay home with my girls. I gave up new XTERRA for a older van so my nieces could all ride with us and hopefully take them to church. I gave cable so we could save money. I have up spending whatever I wanted to having a budget so we could be be debt free.  I gave up running hard core in place of more time for my girls. I gave up my body to be healthy and be what the Lord wants. I gave up contemporary Christian music to honor my husbands convictions. The list could go on and on, but here is the point. What are you giving up and why? The only things that Truly matter in this life is how we live for Christ? So, what are you “glued” to? I have to admit I am glued to my phone too much. Pinterest is a crafty, teacher, and moms time zapper! Lol
How much am I running compared to how much time I’m in Gods word? How much time and I cleaning vs time I spend with my girls? What is our money spent on?
I want my girls to have everything my husband and I can give them. He knows that as I tell him quite often. But not so much toys, cable, or the coolest new thing. None of that is wrong. Really. It’s just that we both feel we’d rether spend our money on a Christian education(which will take 3 jobs!!!), and on mission trips, and on music lesson. Shew..my husband has his work cut out for him cause I told him I am fine never going back to work cause I am “honoring God and staying home with our little blessings!!” Hahahahaa Anyways. I want a simple life. A life where our kids don’t even know what the latest new toy is, the Hollywood stars, or what fashion really is. We only need ONE thing in this world and that’s Jesus. Lord help me to remember that from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed. You are enough. More than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment