Thursday, March 1, 2018

Run to Jesus!

You run? Umm yeah, I use to is my answer. Now it’s more for just enjoyment. Enjoyment? You call running enjoyment?.....I’ve had this conversation soooo many times over the yrs. Why do I run though? Why run vs all the other sports? Well...here is 13 reasons why since 13(the half marathon) is my favorite distance even though I never have time to run that far anymore) . 

1. Running keeps me healthy(even though my current state is in bed with the stomach bug). I love health and nutrition and I want to take care of my body so I’m able to keep up with my kids. I’m not the “Young mom” so running can keep me able to chase them. 
2. “me time.” I’m just out there enjoying Gods creation and praying and talking to him. Well, endless I have to run on the dreadmill(yes..a DREADmill lol) Then it’s more like Lord help me get though this run! Not a fan of them.  
3. It helps with my thoughts. I come back from a run in a better mood. 
4. I love the challenge. The uphills, the hard workouts, the 800 repeats around the track, the races, and even the pain at time as I know I tried my best. 
5. I love all the different places running can take you. I’ve ran in so many states over the yrs. I’ve got to see some of the coolest places that I wouldn’t get to unless I ran. 
6. The memories. Memories from running with my dad that I will cherish my whole life. Memories at the starting line at the track watching my older brother run and people say “that’s your bro(umm yes, but don’t except me to be like him!! Lol) Memories with my little brother running all over the county in AAU track meets. And now, running with my little girls. We smile each step. If only I could get my husband to run with me. Maybe this list will convince him! 😂
7. I love to eat things that may not be the best if I didn’t run(with that said there are NO “bad foods”). Bring on the spaghetti, bread and ice cream! 
8. I love looking back and seeing past accomplishments..oh how I wish I could run like that now! 
9. Its the only sport that you can do anywhere! 
10. It’s cheap! 
11. God blessed me with talent. 
12. Well, because I can! God gave me legs. May we never take for granted afar our bodies can do. My dad can’t run anymore(two hip replacements). I want to run until God calls me home and I’ll run into his arms. 
13. lastly, I run because I am in training for the biggest race any of us will run. Running the race for Christ! I will NOT lose with him as my coach. The training is tough, or even so hard at times I feel like I can’t continue on. But God gives us strength. This world is NOT our home!! Until I make it to the finish line I want to finish strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment