What are you hungry for? For me it’s been Chick fil a 24/7. I mean really who doesn’t want Chick fil a all day everyday? Haha So, I took my girls and I to satisfy my craving and they had no complaints. We have soooo many different ways that people eat. Some do low carb(or now know as Keto), some do low fat, gluten free, some do no sugar, and some don’t do any. I can say that for me, my “diet” is made up of whatever I want. It’s not always been that way as I’ve tried low fat for a while, vegetarian for yrs, and even tried to do the whole Keto thing but well...I love carbs and sweets too much! Haha
Whatever you are eating do you realize that it won’t satisfy you like the word of God will. We actually NEED the word of God like we do food!! don’t like to frown on any type of “diet” unless it’s an unhealthy way to live, but do you realize that eating whatever you are eating isn’t going to make you live for yrs longer(although it’s good to be healthy). God gave us food to enjoy!! Same thing with exercise. It profits little...but the word of God profits for ALL eternity! We need to CRAVE Gods word like we do our favorite foods! If we make time to eat we must make time to feed on his word. For me, yrs and yrs were spent on “food” and only a little time in his word. I was starving my soul and just allowing Satan to win due to not dwelling on Gods word daily. You aren’t going to be able to win the spiritual battles if you are starving yourself.
Paul says Let the word of God dwell in you richly. The Bible is actually like meat, bread and water.
Soooo many things can be the reason we don’t spend time in his word..
-distractions, replacements which can be ANYTHING you put in place of reading, and even a hardened heart.
Oh I am guilty of this many times but lately I crave his word. Oh rich it is and how it helps me through the day. A day with his word is Always better than days without. The Bible isn’t just a book but it’s a love story. The greatest love story ever written. What girl doesn’t like a Love story? So, get a bowl of ice cream and a place where there are no distractions and enjoy sweetness in a bowl but even more sweet is his word.
* After reading this post to my husband, he laughed! He doesn’t get Chick fil a and why a girl would want to eat a bowl of ice cream....so, if that’s not your thing that’s fine. Gods word alone is all we need....but I think all girls need Chick fil a and Ice cream! ๐๐๐
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment