Tuesday, September 24, 2013
I am blessed with the privilege to teach fourteen 4-5 years old. I am the first teacher some of them have. For many it's the first time they have been away from home. I never know what the days going to bring. This year, I have the best group I have ever taught. They are just so sweet! I pray everyday for their little hearts. I know that many may come from broken homes, some never get attention, and some think the world revolves around them. I have to take each child and love him/her for who they are. They are products of their home life. They come in with all different levels academically as well. Some are reading and some don't even know the letter A. So, needless to say my job can be very exciting and stressful at well. But..teaching teaches me more about Jesus. I didn't get saved till 8th grade...late compared to all my friends. Just like some of my Kindergarten kiddos aren't ready to read, I wasn't ready to be saved. Gods got a plan for all of us...His timing is perfect. When I look at my kiddos, I see how unique God made them. Just because some of them may not be Kindergarten ready, it doesn't mean they wont leave ready for first grade. The same applies in our lives. Gods plan may not be how we envisioned....but, it is perfect. I don't understand why I still struggle with this disease. I don't understand why something so unimportant weight can keep me chained up. The Devil knows my struggles and he wants to bring me down as low and as long as he can. But...I have to keep getting up. I cant stay down! If I give up, he wins...and I am Gods team and He always wins! I teach my kindergarten kids that they can become anything they want. I teach them not to give up. Writing their name is soo hard to learn for some. For others it may be subtraction. But, Phil 4:13 says we can ALL things through Christ....so I no doubt I will one day conquer this!! Lord, I love the way you hold me. In your arms I will always be. I'm so grateful and thankful for all you've done for me. So many days I think I cant do this on my own. I'm done fighting. I'm finally letting go. I will trust in you. I lift my hands to you. I lift my eyes to you...cause you are all I need. Whatever your will Lord...use me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment